It’s super easy.
It’s even easier if you have a Vita-Mix.
Which I do.
Dump into blender:
(You may need to heat these in a saucepan in vegetable broth until soft if you have a regular blender.)
- Some tomatoes. You may use canned diced tomatoes if you must.
- Bell pepper, up to 1 whole pepper.
- Carrot, or 2 if you prefer.
- A splash of coconut milk for creaminess and so you don’t kill your poor blender.
- Small to medium onion, to put hair on your chest.
- A few cloves of garlic, to keep the vampires away.
- Nuts, preferably cashews for protein and substance.
- Basil, oregano, a pinch of cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
Blend like the wind, Bullseye!
If you’re using a Vita-Mix, the soup will heat on its own during the blending process. I still like to pour into a skillet to heat until serving as the blender does froth the soup a bit.
In reality, you don’t need a recipe, and I don’t always use the same proportions and combinations. But it is a tomato soup, and it has nuts in it, as well as a pinch of cayenne pepper.